Tuesday 8 November 2016

12 Tags of Christmas with Loll and Friends .....

Happy Tuesday ......

Brrrrrr .... it's cold out there today, and I've got to dash into town later.  Would you believe I'm starting my Christmas shopping .... whoo hoo!!

To get me in the mood I'm playing along with the 12 Tags of Christmas with Loll and Friends.
Yes it's that time of year again when this fabulous Tag event gets underway, and you know me ...... I do like a good blog event, and I lovvvvve making tags, so this is just perfect.

For 12 days Loll will be sharing gorgeous, festive tags with you, along with a whole bunch of Guest Designers ...... it's going to be fun!


Here's my tag for Day 1 .....


Kraft card again ...... along with my white ink.  I'm loving this look at the moment!

This is really easy to do ..... and so effective.
Using a sheet of cheap copier paper, cut yourself a mask to create your winter scene.  I always cut the shape for my hills by hand, across the middle of the paper, but you could tear the paper instead for a more uneven edge.
I use the top half of the mask to create the snowy banks, and the bottom half of the mask when I'm stamping the trees ...... does that make sense?!

With my mask in place I stamped the trees with a brown ink, across the tag, overlapping the edge of the paper mask.


Using the white ink I added in a moon, lightly brushed around the edges of the tag and finished off with a few dots of falling snow done with a white gel pen

Next I added in the snowy hills ...... simply sponge the white ink along the edge of the mask, building up the depth of colour gradually.  I tend to start with the highest one first and move down my tag, changing the position of the mask as I go along.  You can always go back in and add more ink if necessary ..... just replace your mask and sponge along the edge.
When I got to the bottom I added in my sentiment.  Quick tip ...... if you have a MISTI it's the perfect tool for stamping onto white ink.  More often than not you need to stamp more than once as the white ink seems to bleach out the coloured ink a little.
It actually took me 4 times before I was happy with the depth of colour of the words ...... but hey!  no problem if you're using a MISTI ..... it stamps in the perfect place every time


The cute little snowman is a brand new Penny Black die called snowman joy,  and I love him!!!


He's been cut 3 times from white cardstock and then layered for a bit of dimension.
A touch of colour was added to his arms and nose, a bit of glitter for added sparkle and some drops of black enamel accents for his buttons ..... so cute!

Why not join in the fun .... create your own Christmas tag and link it up to the event.

Thanks for popping by .... enjoy the rest of your day.
Time for me to wrap up warm and head into town ........ I hope it's not too busy down there.

Cheerio until next time

8 comments:

Nstiz said...

I just LOVE this! I love how you used the color of your paper to create the shadows in your snow drifts. This is brilliant! I've not had much luck with white ink but you inspired me to try again! Beautifully done!

Bonnie said...

I love this joyful snowman and the scene you've placed him in, Linda! You do such awesome tags!

Loll said...

LOVE your technique with white sponging on kraft card stock. I really need to give this a try ... such a creative way to make a snow scene. And I LOVE that sweet snowman. Adorable! Your sponging, enamel dots and glitter are perfect touches to make him even cuter. Great tag ... thanks so much for joining me for my Twelve Tags of Christmas event! xx

Darnell said...

So effective is right, Linda! I just adore your tag!! Thank you for the details and the inspiration!! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Delightful happy Snowie perched in these gentle snow drifts. Love the bank of forest trees behind him. It's a beautiful tag with the super sponging effects. TFS

Christine Alexander said...

Love the white on Kraft for the tag, looks awesome.

nancy littrell said...

So beautiful with your kraft paper and white pigment ink Linda. I love every single detail on your gorgeous tag. TFS Hugs, nancy

Tee said...

What a beautiful scene you have created! Must try your technique for making the snowy hills which are just gorgeous along with that super cute snowman! Awesome work!